Bargains and Best Value Cinema deals

Bargains and Best Value Cinema deals

Page 1 of 2 | «« 1 2 » »»

545 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

alanhorkan says

Following on from all the great information others have shared about Free Films, Competitions and Special Screenings [1] [2] [3] I'm interested to hear from people about cheap films, special screenings, value deals, bargains, and so on.

Matinees are on old idea, most cinemas have early afternoon or morning screenings that are marginally cheaper.
Cineworld has cheaper screenings all day Tuesday (and the Cineworld membership is a great deal too if you use it often enough).

News to me is that Odeon cinemas are doing cheap deals on Wednesday, or at least the Odeon at the Point is doing films for €5 (2013 update: €6 ) on Wednesday, and I'm not sure yet what the terms and conditions might be.

I've heard O2 treats offer cheap cinema tickets, I'd be interested to know more about that if anyone has the details.

So please if anyone has any film related deals or offers that don't really fit in the other discussion I'd love to hear about them.

(I count MovieFest as a great deal too, 3 films for €25 sounds great to me.)

521 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

clivebb says

Great idea for a new tread Alan.

I have used the Odeon Point Wednesdays 5 euro for none 3d or isence screenings other wise its 7 euro, still a good deal as far as i am concerned.

Plus if you join up to there privilege card you get a further discount when booking online, credit card fees apply though.

All in a good deal having to pay for babysitters.

Highly recommend 

95 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Al Coe says

Was up in the new Imc Cinema in Tallght this week, €7.00 for all tickets before 7:00 (€8.00 for 3D) Good deal considering it's €11.00 in Vue , Popcorn and drinks a few quid cheaper too plus its a nice Cinema

146 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

filmbuff2011 says

I'd be lost without my Cineworld Unlimited card. I use it anywhere from 10-15 times a month, so it saves me a lot of money. The IFI membership is also good value because you can build points towards a free film, along with a whole host of other benefits. The Lighthouse is apparently going to introduce a loyalty scheme at some point as well.

146 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

filmbuff2011 says

Cineworld are also running a Sweet Sundays promotion. If you collect four pouches from a range of sweets, you can then enter the promotional code to get a free cinema ticket on a Sunday in Cineworld. If you're observant enough though, you won't need to buy any packets. Some people leave them lying around after a film. See www.sweetsundays.co.uk

545 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

alanhorkan says

[Edit: Promotion ended long long ago.]

Free beer!
Near Cineworld there is a bar called "The Black Sheep" on the corner of Capel Street and Parnell Street. They have a cinema promotion, if you present your cinema ticket they will give you a sample tray containing three small glasses of their own Galway Bay Brewery beers. 

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/385404_456430237724461_609330232_n.jpg

Various terms and conditions apply, etc, the offer ran for a while and stopped and then started again, who knows how long it will last.

127 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

jony_dols says

For any students out there, you can't really beat IMC Dun Laoghaire's Student Tuesday deal. 

€4.50 a ticket for any film & €3 medium popcorn and coke w/ 3rd level ID

273 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

TheAngelicDiablo says

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but o2 customers can avail of €4 tickets (€5 for 3D) Monday-Thursday in the Savoy, Swan and Dun Laoghaire Cinema's aswell as Dundalk.

Just log on to o2.ie and selectt your cinema from the o2 Priority Menu and they'll text you the code. Bada Bing.

3503 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

WildRose86 says

Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but...

http://www.tattersalls.ie/movies/

Its a Drive-In style movie theatre showing kids and horror movies during Halloween time :D

I want to go to the Rocky Horror, just so I can throw a feather boa onto the wing mirror!

2904 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

razorblade_kiss says

Thanks for the heads up WildRose, nice selection of movies lined up, very tempting.

2357 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

BIGBADBRIAN says

It's in Meath though. :(

Quoted text by WildRose86

Didn't want to start a whole new thread, but...

http://www.tattersalls.ie/movies/

Its a Drive-In style movie theatre showing kids and horror movies during Halloween time :D

I want to go to the Rocky Horror, just so I can throw a feather boa onto the wing mirror!

661 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

TheSpecs says

€2 Savoy cinema tickets for Trinity students holding a Phil card every Tuesday and Thursday.

Awesome.

321 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

Jennyburke102 says

I wish I had monies ...I need a job for more movies and popcorn...mhhhh popcorn!!!

644 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

blade803 says

Quoted text by Jennyburke102

I wish I had monies ...I need a job for more movies and popcorn...mhhhh popcorn!!!

You and me both Jenny lol

521 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

clivebb says

free voucher through the point village facebook page for a medium size pop corn in the Odeon of the same area.

when you book on line they give you a voucher for 2 for the price of 1 for your next visit.

All in all they are looking for your custom, dead handy for me but not really for a lot of people.

Lovely new cinema though

545 posts
View profile

reply | reply with quote

alanhorkan says

The Odeon Point Village has extended their cheap deals, before the deal applied to Wednesday only but they are now offering films for €6 from Monday to Thursday

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/offers-and-promotions/films_for_less_at_odeon_point_village/61/

Offer expires December 31, 2013.

(Far as I can tell this is the best deal in town unless you have special student discounts.)

Page 1 of 2 | «« 1 2 » »»